Search My Blog

Wednesday 22 June 2016

Nautical but Nice OOTD

I loved what I was wearing yesterday so wanted to share it with you here... I felt really flirty 50s, put together and swirly but was still able to run around after my two year and feed my bubba. So a winner for sure!


The only downside was my Tiffany charm bracelet kept catching on my skirt and I've lost my beloved snowflake charm *ugly crying face.* I got the bracelet on our honeymoon in New York for my 30th birthday, including this charm, so it has a lot of sentimental value. Fingers crossed it turns up but no luck so far.


I bought this lovely navy coloured midi skirt from New Look. It has two layers; a satiny underskirt and a mesh striped layer on top with a stretchy waistband which means it fits close to your waist. It's lovely and swirly and I really like that the underskirt is shorter than the top layer as a midi skirt can come up too long on a short arse like me. It comes in six different colours on the site and it's far too tempting to buy a few of the other colours... Better keep my shopping trigger finger away from their website.


I popped my breton navy and white striped top from La Redoute on with it for a nautical feel and finished the look off with a 2" red elasticated belt that I recently purchased from Vivien of Holloway. They do a variety of colours of the belt and also offer a 3" width - I went with the smaller one as my waist is quite short and I find thicker belts can sort of swallow me up.

My hair was a simple suicide roll with a ponytail which I accessorised with a red chiffon scarf. I recently purchased several of these scarves from Amazon in a variety of colours so expect to see a lot of them in the coming posts, haha.





My ponytail did a pleasingly neat curl under. Along with my charm bracelet *still ugly crying* I had my new trusty tortoise shell style stud earrings, usual Converse glasses, comfy but cute Clarks 'Henderson Luck' tan sandals and my old small tan Accessorize satchel bag which I bought an age ago. They don't have my exact bag anymore but there are plenty of small satchel type bags on their site.


I really enjoyed wearing this outfit so I imagine I will wear it again!


It was National Selfie day yesterday (like I need an excuse) so I did my first car selfie before I had to rush off. I'm sure if any of my neighbours saw me they must have thought I was a right narcissist. Which I suppose I am these days :D



Thanks for reading.





No comments:

Post a Comment