Search My Blog

Wednesday 1 June 2016

False lash flirty fluttering fun


Make-up and lashes

My youngest son decided to have an epic 3 hour nap... so whilst my eldest entertained himself watching Winnie the Pooh I decided to try out my Eylure false lashes out. I'd bought them on a whim a while ago but had yet to actually even open the packet... I went for volume (that's the name of the lash game to me) and a shorter length as I felt I would probably feel more comfortable wearing them outside in *shudder* the daylight.  


They were pre-glued so easy to apply (although I should really have used some tweezers to be more precise) and I'd already put on the rest of my make-up before I applied them; including my Barry M liquid eye-liner in Plum to add flicks at the corners of my eyes. I then reapplied some eye liner once the lashes were in place to make sure there were no gaps.

Elsewhere on my face I used:

And... I loved the lashes! Considering they are 'shorter' I felt they were just the right length on me - any longer and I would have felt a touch ridiculous in them. They were light so I didn't feel like I was constantly blinking my eyes from the weight of them and I felt so flirty and fluttery in them. I really thought my rookie attempts at Rockabilly/Pin up style make-up went up a level with these.. I would seriously consider wearing them everyday - I even went to the supermarket wearing them. They look so much better than my own fair eyelashes, even when they are coated in layers of mascara my lashes can only dream of looking this fabulous. I wore them all day and they survived the horrible windy weather with only had one small bit at the end of the strip near the inside of my right eye starting to come away by the evening. They also came off really easily once I wanted them to go. Have been seriously impressed and took a tonne of photos because I was so happy with the finish.


Hair

I've also been pretty happy with the little hair do I threw together - I managed to create a small messy 'beehive-esque' thing (well... there was some volume) at the crown with my stubby ponytail tucked under and pinned at the back. Finished it off with a white bandana. I roped my husband in to take a few pictures of the back of it as I couldn't get the right angle to show it off properly. Not the best pics as was nighttime so only had the overhead light but shows what it looked like in any case. It stayed pretty well all day and didn't take long which is the most I can ask of any hair 'do' these days.



I just used a simple snag free black hair band to tie the ponytail, and some kirby grips to pin it under. I used my fingers to tease the volume at the top and make it more textured and that was it. No product was used at all (although it's important to note my hair has not been washed for a few days so it stays where it's put!).

Outfit

I don't have a photo of the full outfit I put together as I'm not really setup to take full length photos yet (need to invest in a nice mirror and use my camera on a tripod I think - also need to clear a big enough space to do it in!). However, it was comfortable, practical and yet I felt 'put together' which has been the aim of this little adventure.  


The top, just seen above, is a maternity/nursing top from ASOS. I love ASOS and they are great for a range of nursing clothes - I don't think they have this particular top anymore so I'm glad I got it when I did. It has a tiered effect so you lift the top tier to access your boobs when needed for discreet feeding. What I like about it is the raglan sheer white sleeve detail which adds a bit of interest to an otherwise plain top.



I have a pair of Dune black and white ballet pumps that I found after a trip to TK Maxx. They are slightly elasticated so they actually stay on my feet (an issue I have with other ballet pumps; they just slide off constantly). I loved them because they made me think of Cyd Charisse for some reason. Being monochrome they go with loads of things, are comfy and very wearable whilst still being smart. Perfect!

Cyd dancing with Fred
I paired the top and shoes with my La Redoute brushed black jeans, as before, and my faux leather jacket. I bought it from BHS a year or so ago - just happened past and saw it from the doorway. They had it paired with a teal floral tea dress and I bought them both on the spot. That really doesn't happen very often! Both are made by Dorothy Perkins so not expensive and I think they're a great shop for dress shopping in general.



Was doing all this whilst trying to be uber quiet as my baby snored in his Amby baby hammock... If you haven't checked these baby hammocks out by the way - do! I love mine - it's so easy for settling him for naps and he looks so comfy and cute in there.

Not the best example of him 'settled' - haha
Thanks for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment