Search My Blog

Saturday 25 June 2016

All shades of blue


I'm not going to harp on about the appallingly named 'Brexit' results in the EU referendum. My feelings are fairly well summed up by the below. It is what it is and we'll just have to try and make it work - I just hope all the horrendous things predicted by this move away from the EU don't come to light or we could be in real trouble in little old Blighty.


It did make me laugh though that the below sponsored ad turned up in my Instagram feed yesterday - very timely! My sister is living over there at the moment and if I wouldn't miss the rest of my family and friends so terribly I'd seriously think about moving my husband and kids over there. That might also be a bit of an emotional knee jerk reaction though, haha.


My hair was in dire need of a wash so I caught it back in a messy up do and tied a white chiffon scarf in a bow. It felt quite glam once I paired it with my Tortoise shell style earrings and it was a lovely hot sunny day for once so it also felt quite summery.


You can tell the sun is out here because so are my freckles. I used to hate them but I've made peace with them these days - I used to hate being described as cute and freckles can be pretty cute looking so I tried to cover them up a lot. But in hot weather heavy foundation is horrible! Even with the lighter Clinque CC cream I like to use as an alternative on days like this, it can feel a bit oily in the heat. There's nothing worse than the make-up slide when you've bothered to get made up.


I used a slick & a flick of Barry M liquid eyeliner in the 'forest' shade, which coincidentally matched my hair. I thought it would be a fun and lighter alternative to the darker lines and I find it easier to apply as for some reason it doesn't seem to require the same precision.


On my lips I wore a slightly less rich red lipstick from Make-up Revolution in 'Dare.' It's got a pinky undertone to it and I think it suits my complexion quite well. As it's lighter it is great to wear for day but I do find it comes off easily but as it's quick and foolproof to put more on it kind of cancels that out. I'd received this lippy as a gift so hadn't realised how cheap it was - I really like this colour and if I'd realised how much of a bargain it was I'd have probably bought a ton more of this lipstick in different shades! It's only £1... amazing.


As I was feeling blue about the political results I decided to dress in the shade... See what I did there. I tucked an old stripey sleeveless nursing tunic I purchased on Amazon into a new light blue, tie waist, midi skirt from New Look. As I am uncomfortable having my bingo wings out I always keep them covered up and so a cropped white cardigan (also New Look) went on over the top.


Oh and then the SHOES! The shoes, the shoes the shoes, I'm in love with them.


They're a dreamily soft blue leather 40s style heeled sandal from Miss L'Fire. The blue theme was a good excuse to wear these! They come in other shades but I'm trying to introduce more colour in my wardrobe so decided against my usual black choice.


The only downside of these beautiful items of footwear was that I ended up having to do a lot of walking yesterday and they rubbed the fuck out of my feet. I have blisters on my blisters. It was my own fault though - you don't wear new shoes on long walks. In my defence I thought I was simply going for a leisurely lunch but I ended up walking around Maidstone town centre for over an hour and then had to walk home pushing a pushchair. My feet were on FIRE. I can barely walk today because I have blisters on the soles of my feet. Ouch. I didn't even know you could get blisters there.

But they looked amazing. So it was kinda worth it.

We had a lovely lunch sitting in the beer garden of the White Rabbit. I had a burger and there really is no way to elegantly eat one is there? To be honest, it was that delicious I didn't care that I was stuffing my face. I wore a pair of my favourite sunglasses that I bought in TK Maxx last year.


I also carried my leather and straw Gharani Strok satchel that I rediscovered in the top of my wardrobe. I bought this little beauty a while ago in TK Maxx as well... I love that shop for accessories.


So that was my day and my outfit. Thanks for reading.




No comments:

Post a Comment